To climb to your professional peak you need a firm physical foundation!
Who doesn’t want those peak moment? I know I do! However, there are times I’ve tried to reach the summit from a crumbling foundation.
The first (root) charka is a great place to start when looking at your foundation. Professionally, the first chakra corresponds energetically to your ability to create a stable, sustainable, and environmentally sound business that is profitable and has good cash flow. You want it to be well organized, with basic structures and systems in place that will support your business now and in the future.
That said, a forgotten aspect of having a firm professional foundation is caring for your physical health. As a leader, others notice how you care (or don’t care) for yourself. In a culture where you are expected to work to the point of exhaustion, your physical health can often become an after thought.
I’m in this predicament now. The combination of some extra layers in my personal life (like the lovely French exchange student we hosted for two weeks) and a slew of weekend vendor and workshop events, have left me rather exhausted.
Mostly, the things requiring my energy are really wonderful. I want to do them. They are energizing on some level. I’m excited about them! But, even when we are engaged in good stuff, we need to take time and recharge our energy. The story I tell myself is that I’ll catch up on R&R during the week. Then I look at my calendar and I realize I forgot to schedule down time. Oops!
Practically speaking, without physical health, the energy poured into your business will be sub-optimal. When you feel physically sluggish, your actions will lack enthusiasm and focus. When you are tired, you won’t make the best decisions. If you are constantly operating on caffeine, you will approach your businesses with a false sense of high energy that will collapse over time.
Your well-being directly impacts you professionally. Basic body needs include healthy food, good sleep, adequate exercise, relaxation, and safe, comfortable working conditions. You set the standard for health by making sure you are doing the things that support your body, like not overworking yourself or others (if you have employees), taking stretch and exercise breaks, and encouraging others to do the same. Also incredibly helpful is to have some wellness partners to help you maintain optimal health, like an acupuncturist, massage therapist or energy worker.
In the body, the first chakra is associated with the adrenal glands, which regulate the production of the fight-or-flight hormones of adrenalin, cortisol, and norepinephrine. Constant stress will throw the adrenal glands into an excessive state, which ultimately depletes them and causes fatigue or illness. That is why constantly trying to motivate yourself or others to do more…more…more, will backfire in the long run. Too much stress and you may hit the wall or burn out, either of which will suck the energy right out of your pursuit to your professional peak.
I have two more fantastic event coming up in the next couple of weeks. The Maine Women’s Magazine Live event this Sunday, and next weekend a Discover Your Business Chakras class in collaboration with Zardus Art of Massage. I’m very excited about both!
However, I deeply know I have to get some R&R before Sunday so that I will be fresh. I’ve shared with my family that I’m taking Saturday to recharge. I’ve recently been neglecting some of my self-care routines, so I got a massage and schedule another. I made an acupuncture appointment, and returned to yoga class. These are energizing things that I know nurture and support me!
How can you physically and energetically support your climb to your professional peak? Here are some tips to help you support and recharge your first chakra.
- Tend to any nagging disease or physical discomfort by getting a physical exam, Reiki, acupuncture, craniosacral massage, or other body work.
- Get or give hugs. Pets and people work equally well.
- Pay attention to your diet and make the changes you know you need. For example, reduce or eliminate sugar.
- Experiment with a short fast or a detox diet.
- Eat first chakra foods – root vegetables, meat, nuts, seeds, and naturally red fruits and vegetables.
- Pamper yourself. Give your body a treat. For example, get extra sleep, take a sauna, get a massage, take a hot bath with essential oils, go out to dinner, or buy new red clothes (the first chakra color).
- Get more exercise – run, hike, or lift weights. Dance to drumming music. Take a yoga class.
- Diffuse, inhale, or use on your body the following essential oils to support the immune system: protective blend, melaleuca, or frankincense.
Give yourself permission to do some self-care. You can’t effectively take care of business without first taking care of yourself!
To those who work with her, Nanette Giacoma is the Chakrapreneur®. As an author, teacher, coach, artist, energy healer, and intuitive, Nanette walks between the worlds of traditional business and alternative practices. Integrating 25 plus years of business experience and 12 years of coaching experience with unconventional methods, Nanette works holistically with her students and clients to help them achieve the kind of success that leads to professional and personal fulfillment. Nanette has an MBA and an MA in Art and Consciousness Studies. She is a Usui and Kundalini Reiki Master, and a Certified Master Intuitive Coach.
Discover Your Business Chakras
With The Chakraprenuer®
Zardus Art of Massage & Wellness w/School of Massage
1 Lincoln Ave., Gardiner, Maine 04345
- Solve your most challenging career and business problems
- Bridge your professional life, business with spiritual well-being
- Make the personal and professional shifts that will transform your business and your life
- Assess your seven major business chakras and discover where you need more energetic balance in your business and/or professional life
- Learn techniques to open up energetically and remove blocks in your personal and business chakras
- Be guided through a meditation to help you integrate your chakra energy
- Business Chakra Assessment
- Business Chakra Chart
- Chakra Correlations Guides
- Ways to Balance Your Chakras
As you apply the ancient chakra energy system and its principles to your professional life and business, you will move into a whole new level of professional fulfillment and success!
Now make it work for you!Monthly 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
January 2019 – July 2019
First Wednesday of each month
Third Wednesday of each month
- Solve challenging career and business problems
- Bridge your professional life and business with spiritual well-being
- Make personal and professional shifts that will transform you, your business and your life
- Assess your seven major business chakras for imbalances
- Learn techniques to open up energetically and remove blocks to your success
Based on Nanette’s Book: Open for Business: How to Achieve Professional Success Using the Power of Charkas.
Book for sale through Nanette
FMI: Text or call (207) 319-6325
Email – Nanette@NanetteGiacoma.com