Feeling disconnected these days? Or perhaps you are feeling overwhelmed! Or angry! Or bored. Or maybe just a wee bit guilty, because you are doing pretty good…considering everything.
Whatever you are feeling, it’s important to really connect with your emotions in an authentic way. When you take a moment to acknowledge your feelings and allow yourself to truly be with them, you are more likely to process them productively. Ideally, you send a little love and compassion to yourself…because life and work is extra hard right now, no matter your situation. Through love and compassion, you engage in empathy. Having empathy towards yourself will lead you to have more empathy towards others.
Empathy is defined as the ability to share and understand the feelings of others. Empathy will help you connect to others where they are. Right now, this is such an important skill when so many people are feeling out of control and out of sorts.
I know! You don’t like to feel those uncomfortable emotions because well….they’re uncomfortable! We often take challenging emotions and hide them from ourselves. Feeling is one of the second (sacral) chakra goals and water is the second chakra element.
Emotions, like water, can be soft and soothing like sitting in the warmth of a hot spring, or they can be hard and destructive like a tsunami wave. When we block our emotional flow, they often go underground – at least for awhile. It’s not uncommon for difficult emotions to surface and come out sideways at family, co-workers or the dog. So, what is your emotional landscape right now?
As a professional, you need to be able to navigate the uncertain emotions in yourself and others. People are in a variety of situations. Their emotional needs will vary greatly depending on their circumstances. When you take responsibility to process your emotions, you are more likely to stay neutral and grounded in the midst of other’s emotional storms. When neutral, you will have the capacity to share in and understand the feelings of others. In other words, you will have the emotional space to feel empathy.
Here are 10 ways to help balance your second chakra, and find empathy in the midst of the emotional storms.
- Have a heart-to-heart with family, friends or team members about how they feel
- Dump your challenging feelings by writing about them in your journal
- Yell or scream in a secluded place (but not at anyone)
- See a psychotherapist
- Get in touch with your feelings using a creative process: drawing, painting, writing, dance, etc.
- Say second chakra affirmations: I have the right to feel, I lean into my sensitivity, I use empathy towards myself and others
- Take a sensual bath or shower with essential oils: wild orange, lavender, or ylang-ylang
- Drink lots of water
- Eat second chakra food – fruit, especially orange fruit
- Wear orange (the second chakra color)
Acknowledging, allowing and processing your authentic feelings will help you develop the empathy needed to lead others to find productive ways of working with their own uncomfortable emotions.
Sending all of you love, blessings, and empathy.
Are you looking for Natural Solutions?
doTERRA EO’s can be a powerful ally in your health and wellness practices. Get a FREE personalized sample of Essential Oil fit to your needs!
Here are the 10 most popular doTERRA essential oils:
- Frankincense oil
- Lavender oil
- Copaiba oil
- Lemon oil
- Wild Orange oil
- Peppermint oil
- Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca)
- Ginger oil
- Grapefruit oil
- Eucalyptus oil
As you try different oils, you will learn which essential oils work best for you and your needs. For the best essential oil experience, it is important to use oils that are pure, potent, and safe.
Schedule a Wellness Consult and learn why doTERRA essential oils are some of the best on the market here.
Open for Business
by the Chakraprenuer®
Open for Business explains the human chakra energy system that sages have known about for centuries and teaches you how to apply it in the business world – whether you are seeking to advance your career, grow your own business, or experience more professional fulfillment.When you work with Open for Business, you will:
- Discover True North on your professional compass
- Solve your most challenging career and business problems
- Tap into the business and life-changing power of synchronicity
- Make the personal and professional shifts that will transform your business and your life
- Unite your innate energy with your infinite potential!
Tap into the power of the chakras and achieve the personal and professional success of your dreams.