So, what can you do to truly make a positive difference in the US and in the world at large? That sounds like a HUGE ask, right?! We often think it takes big sweeping motions to make change, but most of us are not in a position to do that.
My wise mother once said that we get where we are one small action at a time. That is true no matter who we are, or what our situation. Where we are today, is a result of the collective actions of each individual – whether we look at each person, families, community, nation, or world.
For the most part, you can’t control the actions of others. And you certainly can’t control the thoughts of others. You can only control yourself, and none of us do that perfectly (at least I don’t). So, how do you, as Gandhi says, “create the change in the world you wish to see”?
I believe, we start with an open-hearted relationship to ourselves. This involves the fourth (heart) chakra. The energetic goals of the heart chakra are: self-love, love for others, compassion for self and others, self-acceptance and balanced relationships.
Through our heart chakra, we learn how to be in harmony with others, balance our lives, and attain a more global perspective. We take meaningful actions, personally and professionally, as we increase our energetic heart connection with ourselves, others, and the greater Universe.
While many of you have been taught to put others before yourself, truly you must first have compassion, understanding, and acceptance of yourself before you can share your love with the world. Ultimately, all relationships are about your relationship with you. People and situations on your life path help you learn what is needed to become whole.
The practice then becomes learning how to accept and love yourself. Let me emphasize the word “practice”. None of us do this perfectly! As you practice self-love, you will act less from the small-self, and use your inner wisdom to take tiny, heart-centered actions – meaningful actions that help make lasting changes for the highest good of all. While others may not agree with you, if you sit with love in your heart, you will act from your higher self.
So how do you get there from here?
- Start by observing your inner dialogue – what I call the inner mob. What are you telling yourself about you? Have you been programmed by parents, guardians, social norms, or other authority figures to believe that certain aspects of yourself are unacceptable? Write a list. Are these things true? Do you want to change? Do you need to? Allow yourself to give full voice to your inner mob.
- Once you’ve completed your list, have your higher-self (aka, inner wise woman or wise man) write you a letter from the heart. One that mirrors the truth and shines with compassion, forgiveness, acceptance, and unconditional love for yourself. Afterwards, look yourself in the eyes in a mirror. Put your hands on your heart and say out loud, “I love you.” Practice this daily for a month. Notice the difference in how you feel.
- Of course nobody acts out of her higher-self all the time, but it does get easier with practice. Start by observing your internal dialogue in challenging situations, and noticed if you’ve been triggered – just notice. Then slowly, you can begin to change your actions, despite the voices of your inner mob.
To those who work with her, Nanette Giacoma is the Chakrapreneur®. As an author, teacher, coach, essential oils advocate, energy healer, and intuitive, Nanette walks between the worlds of traditional business and alternative practices. Integrating 25 plus years of business experience and 12 years of coaching experience with unconventional methods, Nanette works holistically with her students and clients to help them achieve the kind of success that leads to professional and personal fulfillment. Nanette has an MBA and an MA in Art and Consciousness Studies. She is a Usui and Kundalini Reiki Master, a Certified Master Intuitive Coach, and a Certified doTERRA Essential Oils Specialist.
doTERRA EO’s can be a powerful ally in your emotional wellbeing.
Read this blog to learn more about what essential oils can help you manage your feelings:
As you try different oils, you will learn which essential oils work best for you. doTERRA essential oils are CPTG – Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, which means they are safe and effective.
Schedule a Wellness Consult and learn why doTERRA essential oils are some of the best on the market here.
Open for Business
by the Chakraprenuer®
- Discover True North on your professional compass
- Solve your most challenging career and business problems
- Tap into the business and life-changing power of synchronicity
- Make the personal and professional shifts that will transform your business and your life
- Unite your innate energy with your infinite potential!
Tap into the power of the chakras and achieve the personal and professional success of your dreams.