What is the natural flow of you?” Nanette Giacoma
The hardest part for me is to allow my energy to just “be” where it is and observe the quality. I want to push the energy through my chakras, so it’s coursing through my body. But why? Why do I think this is better? The quick answer is that our culture is one of constant pushing – try harder, be better, have more, do it faster, etc. Yet, if I’m forever pushing my energy, how will I become informed by it?
Energetically speaking we can ride the wave of our chakras. The energy may a big as a tsunami, the perfect size for surfing, so small it laps at your toes, or quietly gathered in a tidal pool until the tide comes in. This isn’t energy in need of balancing. This is listening to your energy so you can flow with it, instead of against it.
When I’m not listening to my energy, that’s when my chakras get out of balance. That’s when I’m no longer in synchronicity with my life and business. That’s when I struggle, and get no where. I’ve observed this over and over, and still there are times I get caught up in pushing. There’s a difference between pushing the energy forward (which is a lot of work) and running as fast as I can to stay in the energetic flow. It’s subtle, and I’ll mistake one for the other if I’m not paying attention.
For example, a couple of weekends ago, I was a vendor at a small, outdoor, at-a-distance holistic wellness fair. There was a lovely community of wellness practitioners there. The weather was gorgeous. There was a small and wonderful group of people who attended. Despite the small venue and numbers, I had 5 people sign up for 30 minute free consults, sold several books and pendulums, and discussed having a class for some of the vendors.
I had more business there than I have at much bigger (and more expensive) venues. Why? Because I was in the flow. I didn’t worry about the smallness, or what the outcome would be. I knew I was in the right place at the right time – my energy was in sync with the flow.
Of course, I get out of sync…a lot. I worry about what’s happening or not happening. I push, even when I know it’s pointless. I listen to other’s, instead of my own intuition. And I get stuck in old energetic patterns. And so I practice, and practice, and practice listening to my energy – and the practice eventually gets me where I need to go. Here are the steps I use.
FOLLOWING YOUR CHAKRA ENERGY
- Sit quietly on a meditation cushion, or if you rather, sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor.
- Close your eyes and take several deep, cleansing breaths in and out, allowing yourself to release any tension in your body.
- Start at the seventh (crown chakra) and allow your awareness to settle there. What are the qualities of that energy? How does it feel? Don’t try to change it, just notice and allow it to be what it is.
- Gently shift your awareness to the sixth (third-eye) chakra, and notice how the flow of energy moves from the crown chakra into the sixth. No need to rush this process. Just allow the energy to move at its own pace.
- Again, allow your awareness to settle there. What are the qualities of that energy? How does it feel? Don’t try to change it, just notice and allow it to be what it is.
- Gently shift your awareness to the fifth (throat) chakra, and notice how the flow of energy moves into it. Allow the energy to move at its own pace.
- Continue this same process through all the other chakras: heart, solar plexus, sacral, and root.
- If you lose focus or get distracted along the way, it’s okay. Just pick up where you left off.
- When you get to the root chakra, allow yourself to fully feel yourself supported by Mother Earth. I often imagine roots extending from me down into the earth.
- You can stop there or you can reverse the process, starting at the root chakra and allow your energy to flow up through each of the chakras; ultimately mingling with the Universal energies.
May your Thanksgiving Holiday be filled with peace and hope.
With light and love
To those who work with her, Nanette Giacoma is the Chakrapreneur®. As an author, teacher, coach, essential oils advocate, energy healer, and intuitive, Nanette walks between the worlds of traditional business and alternative practices. Integrating 25 plus years of business experience and 13 years of coaching experience with unconventional methods, Nanette works holistically with her students and clients to help them achieve the kind of success that leads to professional and personal fulfillment. Nanette has an MBA and an MA in Art and Consciousness Studies. She is a Usui and Kundalini Reiki Master, a Certified Master Intuitive Coach, and a Certified doTERRA Essential Oils Specialist.
Open for Business
with the Chakraprenuer®
Enrollment closes Jan 18th
Starts Jan, 20th * 6 p.m. ET
Limited to 10 people
Private LI Group
FREE PDF BOOK INCLUDED IN PURCHASE
* Solve challenging career and business problems
* Bridge your professional life with spiritual well-being
* Transform personally & professionally
* Assess your seven major business chakras
* Learn techniques to open up energetically and remove blocks
As you apply the ancient chakra energy system and its principles to your professional life and business, you will move into a whole new level of personal and professional success!