Zen quote: “Before enlightenment – chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment – chop wood, carry water.”
Most of us have a lot of metaphorical wood chopping and water carrying in our lives and businesses. These are the daily tasks that must be done to reach our goals. It may be pulling, boxing and shipping an online order, or cleaning up after guests at your Air B&B.
I don’t know about you, but there are days, I don’t want to do any of it!
One of my daily task (not related to my business) is mucking out horse stalls and filling/carrying water buckets into the stalls. We have three horses and some days it just seems like a lot of poop. But, I love having horses at home! And I love to ride! That higher purpose gives meaning to mucking stalls and carrying water.
When you approach daily tasks – no matter what they are – from the context of having a higher purpose and meaning, you connect the energy of the third (solar-plexus) chakra with the seventh (crown) chakra. The third chakra is correlated with your goals and subsequent actions to reach them. Your perseverance is related to the third chakra rights, I act! I choose! I will! I intend! This energy helps you stay the path to reach your goals – giving you the strength to get up, again and again – even when life gives you poop!
The seventh chakra embraces the spiritual nature of life and business while remaining grounded in everyday tasks. Sometimes there is a misunderstanding that spirituality is separate from real life and especially real business. However, it is only with the help of your Spiritual Source that you can truly embrace a higher purpose. This is where you unite your seventh chakra and third chakra energies to reach your business goals for the greater good of all.
If you are struggling to do the mundane tasks to attain your higher goals, try this technique to connect your third and seventh chakra energies.
- Place one hand on your stomach (solar plexus) area and the other one on the top (crown) of your head.
- Close your eyes and focus your awareness on the quality of energy in your solar plexus (third) chakra. How does it feel? What does it look like? Is it moving faster, slower, in-between? Allow your imagination to guide the process. There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just observe.
- Repeat this process for your crown (seventh) chakra.
- Imagine pulling energy from the greater universe into your crown chakra and flowing down into your solar plexus chakra. How does the energy feel? What does it look like? How is it moving? Just observe – you don’t have to do anything but allow it to flow.
- Imagine pulling earth energy up into your solar plexus and flowing up into your crown chakra. How does the energy feel? What does it look like? How is it moving? Just observe – you don’t have to do anything but allow it to flow.
- For several minutes allow the flow of energy to move from heaven and earth and back again.
Open your eyes! You’re ready to chop wood, carry water (or muck stalls, carry water in my case) and reach meaningful goals through the tiny tasks spiritually connected to your higher purpose.
Use this technique anytime you are feeling unmotivated or having trouble remembering why you the heck you wanted to be in business in the first place. LOL.
NanetteI can help you balance your chakra energy and take purposeful steps to achieve your goals. Join me on Saturday, May 28th for my FREE monthly ALIGN Gathering (see details below) or contact me for a free 30 minute consult.