We are told to expect the unexpected and prepare for it! But, seriously, how does anyone do that? There are weeks I don’t have enough metaphorical umbrellas to use in the downpour of unexpected events. That doesn’t mean that all the events are undesirable, however I do have to decide when to walk slowly in the rain under my umbrella, or close it and make a mad dash to the car, or just stay inside and wait it out.
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve had both some joyous things come my way and some rather disruptive things, like the deer that ran into my daughter’s car (everyone’s fine – the car, not so much). Then I received a $499 bill from my phone carrier to replace the broken phone that was still under warranty. I know all of you have days like these!
On the positive side, I’ve had a downpour of business opportunities at some really incredible events. I was invited to be a vendor at the Harvest Your Soul Retreat, and I had a chance to be a vendor at the Maine Women’s Magazine Live event at a discount, which is on the same day as my Money and Mimosas event.
As the inner rainstorm brewed, I thought, how can I best move forward. What is the financial cost and income potential of each situation? What are my priorities? How do I honor my commitments to myself, my business partners and my family?
When faced with unexpected decisions, I rely on my sixth (third-eye) chakra. Balancing rational-analytical and creative-intuitive decision making is one of the strengths of the sixth chakra. Using fluid whole-brain decision making will help you respond more effectively to unexpected and uncontrollable events.
Ideally, you allow an open-minded dance between the rational-analytic and creative-intuitive. Allowing your mind to participate fully often requires that normal boundaries be dissolved so you can delve into your creativity. Then your solutions can be implemented with the help of the rational mind.
Use your rational mind to gather information and analyze it. Then step back and allow your creative mind to holistically fit all the pieces together. What intuitive impressions come to you?
Here are some tips on how to integrate the rational-analytic and creative-intuitive parts of your mind.
- Pay attention to your gut responses to any information you gather.
- Take a risk and try a solution outside the realm of possibility of what you typically do.
- Pull a few oracle or tarot cards to help you discover a new way of seeing the data.
- Look at the numbers in terms of numerology.
- Use a pie chart and relate it to sacred geometry.
- Use a pendulum to help make a yes/no decision easier.
- Ask your guides, or Higher Power for help seeing the big picture, and to give you the insight you need in a dream.
The biggest thing is to pay attention to the answers you receive! Trust yourself! You are capable of using your whole mind to make the best decisions possible, even in the most distressing situations.
When in doubt, trust that your sixth chakra has your back!
With joy and gratitude,
Miss my article in the Elephant Journal?
Walk your mystical path, while wearing practical shoes?
Cue internal snort and eye roll.
I don’t know about you, but there are times it just doesn’t seem possible.
Most of my day is tied up with the practical responsibilities of caring for my family, our menagerie of animals (including mucking the stalls of four horses), and my professional work. You may not have my daily list, but I know you have your own list of personal and professional tasks to attend to.
Like I do, you may squeeze in some meditation, yoga, or a walk as part of your daily spiritual practice. Fantastic! But, then your day takes over and where’s that inner zen when a cranky customer gets on your last nerve, or when your screaming child is tired and hungry? You might even berate yourself for not staying centered in the moment. Continue Reading
Discover Your Business Chakras Workshop
Sunday, October 27 * 12:30 – 4:30
Location: Leapin’ Lizards Freeport; 123 Main St, Freeport, ME
- Solve your most challenging career and business problems
- Bridge your professional life, business with spiritual well-being
- Make the personal and professional shifts that will transform your business and your life
In this introductory workshop you will:
- Assess your seven major business chakras and discover where you need more energetic balance in your business and/or professional life
- Learn techniques to open up energetically and remove blocks in your personal and business chakras
- Be guided through a meditation to help you integrate your chakra energy
You will receive:
- Business Chakra Assessment Forms
- Business Chakra Chart
- Chakra Correlations Guides
- Ways to Balance Your Chakras
Based on Nanette’s Book “Open for Business: How to Achieve Professional Success Using the Power of Charkas”. Available for sale at Leapin’ Lizards.
FMI: Text or call (207) 319-6325