Sometimes there is a misunderstanding that spirituality is separate from real life and especially real business. However, it is only with the help of your spiritual Source that you can truly embrace your soul-purpose and walk your higher professional path.
Nanette Giacoma, MBA, MA “Open for Business” pg. 168)
The energetic goals of the crown chakra are: spiritual connection, consciousness, understanding, all-knowing; love for all; desire to live more authentically; fully embracing your divine purpose; overcome objections to your chosen path and walk it no matter what others say.
Sounds like a tall order doesn’t it? First of all, remember spiritual connection, and all that comes with it, is a lifelong journey. It is not something that typically happens in a flash of clarity and understanding, and suddenly work and life are complete bliss. Secondly, it’s more about how you show up daily, than becoming enlightened.
There is a Zen quote, “Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.” To stay connected to the higher purpose of your profession and/or business requires that you walk your spiritual path while remaining grounded in everyday tasks. When you experience challenges, obstacles, or hardship, there may be times you will need to move inward and re-establish your spiritual center so that you can continue to work from your professional soul-purpose.
Here are 7 Ways that will help you Walk Your Higher Professional Path daily:
- Share with your team how you operate professionally from a place of higher purpose and authenticity.
- Write your personal higher mission statement and how it benefits the world.
- Start your day at work with a spiritual practice like meditation or silence.
- Create a meditation or quiet space at work.
- Pause and take ten breaths before saying yes to a new commitment or decision.
- Play baroque (or other alpha wave) music throughout the day for better focus.
- Sponsor a nonprofit cause and donate food, money, or needed supplies either personally or as a company.
Even if you don’t feel like you are doing soul-purposeful work, you can find deeper meaning in what you do by connecting to your higher power. Some kind of regular spiritual practice will help you become more mindful of your situation. How does your work serve you, and how do you serve others? Over time, you may even rediscover the reasons you began the professional work you do, or you will find a way to move into the work you are truly meant to do.
To further evaluate your seventh chakra and receive tips on how to create more purpose and meaning professionally, SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER and receive an in-depth FREE BUSINESS CHAKRA ASSESSMENT.