Do what you love. Do what makes your heart sing. And never do it for money, go to work to spread joy. Marianne Williams A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles
Does your heart sing when you are working? Are you working from a heart centered place or does everyday at work feel like a soul crushing experience? Why do you do the work you do? If it's only for the money, you may want to think about changing careers...or your energy.
How you approach your work affects the energy you are putting out into the world. Your energy touches the people you work with, the money you make and the professional challenges you face. Because of this, you may have to shift your energy before you can make the professional changes you desire.
Working from your heart's desire is centered in your fourth (heart) chakra. A balanced heart chakra is central to forgiveness, compassion, feeling gratitude, synchronicity, and manifesting what you want in life and work.
Manifesting is related to the law of attraction. The law of attraction is based in quantum physics and essentially states, you attract positive and negative people and situations based on the type of energy you put out in the world. Positive energy attracts positive and negative energy attracts negative. Furthermore, when you engage the law of attraction from your heart center, your ability to manifest is magnified. Why?
Scientists have determined that the heart is a sophisticated sensory organ that emits electromagnetic energy 60 times greater than the cognitive brain, as measured by an ECG. Indeed your heart’s magnetic field is 5,000 times stronger than that of your cognitive brain. It emanates enormous energy that links us to other people and situations in ways we can't imagine. With the strength of your heart’s energy, you have your own personal super power of attraction.
So what's getting in your way? Often negative thinking gets in the way of using your heart energy for positive attraction. When you unite positive thoughts with heart-centered desires, you will attract synchronicity in the form of your highest ideals, desires, positive feelings, right actions, and love. You will find that the right situations and people come into your life and work at just the right time. This is key to working from your heart's desire.
Here are 5 ways to combat negative thinking and send positive energy out in the world:
- Develop an affirmation and say it three times whenever you notice negative thinking has invaded your thoughts. For example, "I am filled with positive, loving thoughts that are reflected in my daily experience." "I create joy at work."
- Daily, list 5 things at work you are grateful for. For example, a kind word, a great customer, lunch with a friend, an understanding boss, money to pay bills, etc.
- Get specific about exactly what you are looking for in your work. For example, type of work, organizational culture, kind of people, money, field of work, etc. Review it daily! Revise it as you gain clarity.
- Create a daily forgiveness practice. Name and forgive those past and present for perceived infractions. For example, "I forgive (fill in name) for (what they did/said/etc)." I ask forgiveness from (fill in name) for (what you did/said/etc.)
- Look yourself in the eyes in the mirror. Put your hands on your heart and say out loud, “I love you.” It may feel weird, but keep at it:)
With simple daily actions you will start to notice a shift in your ability to stay in your heart center, even in the midst of challenges. Your energy will begin to shift as well and you will be better able to use your positive energy to access your heart's super power for working from your heart's desire.
Do you need some help getting heart centered in your work?A chakra assessment for you, your team and/or your business will help you to see where the imbalances are. Receive tools and techniques for finding your energetic heart center.
4th Chakra - Grateful Heart Mandala
MY NEW BOOK COMING THIS FALL
Open For Business; How to Achieve Professional Success Using the Power of Chakras
Excerpt: Chapter 6 - Chakra 4: At the Heart of the Matter
An open heart means being open to giving and receiving, compassion, gratitude, forgiveness, and love. Ummm – bring love into the workplace? That’s just weird! Isn’t it? While the heart chakra definitely corresponds to romantic love, I’m referring to the love of all humankind, your larger community, your love of the planet, universal love, and of course, self-love. It is essential to your well-being and that of your business.
Through your heart chakra, you learn how to be in harmony with others, balance your life and business, and attain a more global perspective. You improve your performance and that of your business as you increase your energetic heart connection with yourself, others, and the greater Universe.